A mix of good & bad news today. The very bad news is that Ed Kuepper’s tour in November has been cancelled due to an injury which means he can’t play guitar for a while. Hopefully to compensate his Adelaide fans he’ll consider bringing the Laughing Clowns here in the new year. At least rather than sitting at home sulking on November 28th I can go out to the Metro to see Batrider & No Through Road.
Fortunately there’s also some good new news today – Yo La Tengo are playing at Fowler’s in Feb. There’s been quite a few other announcements as well e.g. a Dirty Three/ Laughing Clowns Don’t Look Back show, Dinosaur Jr, The Books, Fink, Camera Obscura, and lots of other stuff for various festivals (Syd Festival, Golden Plains, Perth Festival) but no Adelaide dates for any of them.Keep an eye on the Feel Presents site since they promise to reveal info on more Dirty Three/Laughing Clowns shows on November 13th and full Dinosaur Jr tour dates on November 16th.
I got quite excited when scanning through the list of touring artists on Liveguide I saw Earth, but turns out it’s an Australian metal band called Earth and not Dylan Carlson’s band. Very annoying when that happens!
Finally, don’t forget that I’ll be DJing at the Metro this Sunday (8th) from 4-7, come along to here the eclectic sounds of Le Rayon Vert live!
- 5th Matt Banham, Shame Spiral, Michael Beach at the Grace Emily.
- 6th Bohoeffer at the Ed Castle.
- 8th Le Rayon Vert DJ set at the Metro
- 11th Johnny the Kid & Pat Ram at the Grace Emily.
- 12th Casiotone for the Painfully Alone at Jive.
- 13th Ned Collette and Laura Jean at the Metro
- 14th Blackeyed Susans at the Norwood Hotel.
- 21st Satan’s Cheerleaders, God God Dammit Dammit at Enigma.
- 24th The Buzzcocks at the Gov.
- 27th Lightning Bolt with The Grey Daturas and Primitive Calculators at Fowler’s Live.
- 28th Ed Kuepper and the Kowalski Collective at the Gov Cancelled 🙁
- 28th Batrider and No Through Road at the Metro.
- 3rd Paul Kelly at HQ.
- 4th The Church at the Gov.
- 5th The Crayon Fields at the Metro with Hit the Jackpot and Bing Goes to Monaco.
- 5th Stereosonic at Bonython Park, lineup includes some interesting stuff like Drop the Lime and Hudson Mohawke.
- 10th Jarvis Cocker at HQ.
- 18th Sandy Cenin & Paul Champion’s Xmas show at the Metro.
- 19th (Melbourne) Underground Lovers at the East Brunswick Club.
- 23rd (Melbourne) Kim Salmon & the Surrealists, No Through Road and lots more at the Low Transit Industries Xmas show at the Corner Hotel.
- 5th Cat Power at the Gov.
- 8th Kaki King at Jive.
- 12th Handsome Family at the Grace Emily.
- 5th Laneway Festival with Echo & The Bunnymen, Eddy Current Suppression Ring and lots more.
- 19th Yo La Tengo at Fowler’s Live.
- 27th London Sinfonietta: Pacific Currents at the Adelaide Town Hall.
- 28th London Sinfonietta: Wind & Glass at the Adelaide Town Hall.
- 5-8th WOMADelaide at Botanic Park with the Skatalites, Calexico, Ravi Shankar and lots more.
- 6th Wayne Shorter Quartet at the Festival Theatre.
- 7th The Necks at the Spiegeltent.
- 7th Pavement at Thebby
- 24th The Pixies at Thebby (playing Doolittle)
On the Stereo
- Sunn0))) – Monoliths and Dimensions cd (Southern Lord)
- Mountains – Choral cd (Thrill Jockey)
- Times New Viking – Born Again Revisited cd (Matador)
- MV & EE with Bummer Road – Green Blues cd (Ecstatic Peace!)
- Tren Brothers – Tren Brothers EP cdep (Drag City)
- Mouse on Mars – Instrumentals cd (Thrill Jockey)
- Various – Mary Anne Hobbs: Wild Angels cd (Planet Mu)
- Various – Warp 20 box set (Warp)
- Ikonika – Please/Simulacrum 12″ (Hyperdub)
- Antipop Consortium – Fluorescent Black cd (Ninja Tune)